Interested in joining How On Earth’s production team? We’d be glad to have you!
Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds including journalism, science, engineering, and more. What unites us is a passion for exploring and communicating scientific topics over the airwaves, and a love of independent community radio.
Students are especially welcome, and for-credit internships can be arranged.
Contributing to How On Earth can be a great way to gain experience in:
- Writing for radio
- Recording interviews and producing sound-rich features
- Hosting live broadcasts and conducting on-air interviews
- Running (“engineering”) a sound board during a live broadcast
- Posting content to the show’s website and social media accounts
- Communicating science in accessible, listener-friendly ways
We welcome new volunteers at all levels of experience. A good first step is to attend one of KGNU’s station-wide Volunteer Orientations. Then send an email to the How On Earth production team to find out how you can help: contact [no spam] howonearthradio.org (just put the @ where it belongs).